The Kodak Easyshare V603 is a recent addition to their ultra compact and stylish V series. It captures images at 6.1 megapixels with a 3x optical zoom. Check out your images on the 2.5 inch, 230K pixel LCD. The V603 provides good image quality, easy, quick operation in a stylish, solid body that's under an inch thick.
The V603 shoots at an effective resolution of 6.1 megapixels (2832x2128) with a 1/2.5 inch Super HAD CCD. You can also capture images at 5.3MP, 4MP, 3.1MP, and 1.8MP.
There is no optical viewfinder on the V603, but you get a large 2.5 inch LCD. The LCD has 230K pixels of resolution, enough to show a sharp picture and fine detail. The LCD performs very well in bright, sunlit conditions. It also represents colors well and refreshes frequently enough for a fluid image.
The Schneider-Kreuznach C-Variogon lens features a 35mm equivalent focal length of 36-108mm for a 3x optical zoom. The lens also features an aperture range of f/2.8 at wide angle and f/4.8 at the telephoto end.
Focus Modes and Focus Ranges
The V603, by default, uses a multi-zone auto focus, but you can also choose to use center auto focus. You can focus on subjects as close as 24 inches in Normal mode and 2 inches in Macro mode (at wide angle).
While shooting, you can cycle through normal, macro, and landscape focus modes with successive pushes on the down direction of the directional pad. You also have the option of using Single AF or Continuous AF. When set on Single AF, the camera achieves focus lock when you partially depress the shutter release. During Continuous AF, the camera always stays in focus. As you can imagine, Continuous mode will drain your battery a lot faster.
A focus assist light helps out during low light conditions to illuminate your subject.
The built-in flash has a claimed range of 2 feet to 8.5 feet at wide angle and 2 feet to 5.9 feet at full telephoto. The range actually seems to be pretty realistic. For flash modes, you get Auto, Forced On, Forced Off, and red eye reduction.
You can store images on 32MB of internal memory with about 27MB for picture storage. An SD/MMC slot on the side of the camera allows for more storage.
- Resolution: 6.1 megapixels (2832x2128)
- Viewfinder: 2.5" TFT LCD Screen (230K pixels)
- Zoom: Schneider Kreuznach C-Variogon f2.8-f4.8 (36-108mm 35mm equivalent) optical zoom lens
- Auto Focus: TTL-AF system (multizone, center modes)
- Manual Focus: No
- Flash: Built-in multi mode
- Metering: Evaluative (multi-pattern), center weighted, center spot
- Exposure Compensation: Yes (+ /-2 EV in 1/3 EV increments)
- White Balance: TTL Auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, and open shade
- Sensitivity: TTL Auto and settings for 80, 100, 200, 400, and 800 ISO
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 (HS), A/V out, and Kodak dock/printer connector, DC in
- Image File Format(s): JPEG
- Power: Kodak KLIC-7002 lithium-ion rechargeable battery